Wow it's June already?! And I guess that means Father's Day is less than two weeks away...
If that caught you by surprise too and now you're frantically wondering what you're going to get dear-old-Dad, we've got the perfect gift idea! Or maybe you're a Dad yourself and you're tired of getting a tie or a coffee mug every year. Use our hints to "suggest" to your loved ones what you really want.
Motorsport Events- the Ideal Gift
It's a fact that quite a few men (and frankly a lot of women too) LOVE motorsports. Well we happen to be an authority on motorsport events and currently have 1,562 events listed on our calendar. And with our recently updated calendar search functionality, I know we can find the one that best suits your Dad. First, determine what kind of Dad you have. Then use our suggestions below to find him the perfect event.
- Always wanted to be a race car driver but doesn't have the time right now to get a weekend away- look for a week-day karting league or a nearby karting center
- Likes the idea of competing against others in his own car, but doesn't want to ding it up- he can compete against the clock with autocross/ solo/ autoslalom/ time trials
- Needs to "refresh" his skills in a safe environment where there's nothing to back into- a car control clinic will make him a safer driver in a fun way
- Likes to hang out with other car enthusiasts in a social environment- a fun run/ tour/ festival or concours event is his ticket to a good time
- Has a high-performance car but doesn't know the first thing about driving it- a driver's school will let him take his own car out on the track and provide an instructor to teach him everything he needs to know
- Already knows what to do and just wants to get out on the track and enjoy some relaxing fun- open track days are the way to go
- Gets his kicks from motorcycles instead of cars- we've got motorcycle schools and races to suit his needs
- Has always wanted to drive one of the premier tracks in North America- Laguna Seca, Watkins Glen, Mid-Ohio, Road America, Road Atlanta, Sebring, Canadian Tire Motorsport Park (Mosport)
Be prepared to bask in the glory of receiving the "Best Gift Ever" award!