Greetings Event Organizers! The next time you log into your Hagerty MSR account, you’ll be prompted to accept new user terms. We know that new terms can lead to concern or confusion, so we want to give you a simple breakdown on what’s really being updated.
What do you need to know?
- Within the “Fees & Procedures” section, we’ve added some copy for the sake of transparency and clarity:
- We’ve outlined that total fees are a combination of two parts - (1) your MSR platform fee and (2) the credit card processing fee, which we simply pass through to the processor. Previously there was some confusion around this, which made some users believe there may be an additional credit card processing fee. There is not - that 3% + .30 per transaction is included as part of your overall fee.
- We’ve also added language to clarify that we use a secure platform called Stripe Connect for credit card processing, and that their payment processing terms and conditions are the additional terms that must be agreed to. Nothing about those terms has changed.
- We’ve added language to clarify that promoting payment methods outside of MSR is prohibited for premium account users (PayPal, Venmo, Cash App, etc). Sadly, there have been instances of fraud when this happens and since the payments were not made through MSR, we have no recourse to rectify the transgression. This undermines the legitimacy and trust of the platform and causes reputational damage for all users. For 99.9% of you, this is a non-issue, we just need to make it clear to the bad-actors.
- We’ve removed a section of the previous terms which was titled “Promotion”. There was some subjective language in this section requesting that “best efforts” be made to include MSR’s name and logo within your website, newsletters, marketing materials, etc. While you are more than welcome to do this, it is not a requirement for platform utilization.
- That's it! All other terms are the same as those you’ve been operating under since 2019.
What do you need to do?
- Simply review and acknowledge the full Event Registration Service Agreement terms the next time you login, then go about your day creating and managing your events in MSR! If you’d like to review this version of the terms, they can be viewed here.
As always, thank you for being a valued MSR user! Feel free to send any questions to our team at email@example.com.