Happy New Year everyone! We hope you had a good one. Now put the party horns and tiaras away and get back to work...
With 2013 wrapped up, we did a little number crunching to see how we performed against our goals for the year (you do that for your organization right?). We are VERY happy with the results. And just for fun, we ran some stats that we thought you might be interested in as well.
Here's what MSR looked like in 2013:
- 20- minutes of downtime for MotorsportReg.com during the ENTIRE year
- $59- average nationwide cost to attend an autocross event listed on MSR
- 70- new customers including 12 from Canada
- 75- blog posts published (subscribe and get them delivered to your inbox!)
- 99.996%- uptime percentage for MotorsportReg.com
- 124- highest number of events held by one organization- ProFormance Racing School
- 129- times we released an update to MSR, averaging once every 2.89 days
- $261- average nationwide cost to attend a track event/ HPDE listed on MSR
- 361- Facebook fans bringing us to 1,372 (You can be one of them by liking us too!)
- $386- average nationwide cost to attend a club race listed on MSR
- 3,600- events taking registrations on our calendar bringing our grand total of all events listed since inception to 13,000
- $10,000- most expensive registration for an event listed on MSR
- 42,567- lines of new software code we committed, while also removing 4,242 lines
- 179,500- registrations processed, bringing our grand total from inception to 684,000
- 900,000- unique visitors looked at events on MSR in 2013
- 2,192,495- emails delivered by MSR on behalf of our customers
I have to say the one I'm most proud of is the one that took me most by surprise, 900,000 unique visitors looking at events! That's close to 1 million people looking for YOUR events on our site. We frequently hear from our customers that they pick up new participants just by listing their events on our calendar, and traffic like that is the reason.
In 2014 we plan to continue to increase the number of unique visitors, driving participants to our organizer's events, and ultimately making them more successful.
A GIGANTIC thank you to all of our organizers, participants and partners for contributing to such a great year! We've got our work cut out for us in 2014.